The test is a nuisance but useful! I swish the sensor in tap water. Watch your numbers. A dropping kh can cause a tank crash (ph drop). You might need something to keep it up above 100 like one of Seachems regulators or buffers or you may just need a water change but see what the mods here think. If free ammonia is up add a dose of Prime. It dissipates after 48 hours and it is critical to check your levels during cycling so you treat the nitrite and ammonia. 40 is great. Sounds like you are cycled but let's see if we can get those other number down.
----- Original Message -----
From: Connie Watson<mailto:clw51@cox.net>
To: Tropical Fish Club<mailto:tropicalfishclub@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:56 PM
Subject: [tropical fish club] Connie's Tank 9-27-12 and Free Ammonia test question
Ok, late testing the water today as it was shopping day and I had a Dr. appt
So I didn't get the water tested until 8PM tonight.
PH - 8 GH - back down to 6 KH - 8
Ammonia - edging over .50, but still close to .50
Nitrite - .25
Nitrate - just under 40! Highest this one has been
I got the Seachem MultiTest Ammonia (free and total) today.
I have to read how to do it. But I have a question.....
What do they mean when they say to rinse the sensor with "clean" water.
What is clean water in this context? Tap water; water prepared for a PWC;
Distilled water? I am not sure what they mean.....
Thanks for all your help!
Connie
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Friday, September 28, 2012
Re: [tropical fish club] Connie's Tank 9-27-12 and Free Ammonia test question
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment