Saturday, July 21, 2012

Re: [AquaticLife] Re: full planted vs. well-planted aquarium

 

Hey guys. I've been playing catchup on e-mails from this group and reading
about plants and cycling the tank. I've been reading with interest because
we are talking about getting a tank.

I guess, the N00B question from me is which is better, a well planted tank
or the "full planted" and how do you best determine a well planted tank.
We are looking at a 20 gallon tank and using community oriented fish. It's
been a long time since I/we had a full aquarium (and plus I was in 4th
grade when Mom killed the tank), so I don't remember a whole lot about the
maintained of the tank.

Also, should I wait to add live plants to the tank since I'm pretty much a
N00B at a larger tank? Six years ago while I was on recruiting detail, I
had a Betta (I named him Golic <grin>) and had to leave him with my
replacement when I moved to Germany, so I have been back in the fish arena
so to speak. I can post some pictures of him later, but I digress.

Thanks for all the help and I will probably be posting other questions as I
think of them

Rob

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM, dawnshungryeyes4u2c <
dawnshungryeyes4u2c@yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Nora,
> I have a few photos in my album here in the group (Dawn Moneyhan's tanks)
> that represent full/heavily planted tanks. Take a look but pay attention to
> the size of the tanks listed as well... so you can get a feel for how many
> plants it has taken to do this. If I get a chance later to browse some of
> the other member's tanks and find more for you I will do that and post the
> album names for you.
>
> Dawn
>
>
> --- In AquaticLife@yahoogroups.com, "nonstopmom888" <ehebens@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in the previous discussion about the effect of plants on the water
> quality it was mentioned that a well planted tank is often mistaken for a
> full planted tank.
> > Does anybody have some pictures of full versus/and well planted tanks or
> knows where to find them?
> >
> > Thanks, Nora
> >
>
>
>

--
http://www.pbase.com/mazurgallery/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpmazur/
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/rpmazur/
------
Then his son said to him "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against
you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son."
--Luke 15:21

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, 'Do not be afraid!'
The voice of truth says, 'This is for My glory'
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
--Casting Crowns "Voice of Truth"

There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things
happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful,
you
need to be a person who makes things happen..
--James A. Lovell

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
AquaticLife � A great way to share experience & ask ?s


Please, DELETE this line and EVERYTHING below it when replying, Thank You.
���`�.��.><((((�>.���`�.��.���`�.�><((((�> �.���`�.�. , .���`�..><((((�>
PLEASE, when you REPLY to a post, DELETE all TEXT that is NOT important to the reply & if CHANGING the TOPIC of the original message MODIFY the SUBJECT LINE -> i.e. "new subject (was re: old subject)" <-
<�((((><.���`�.��.���`�.�<�((((><�.���`�.�. , .���`�..<�((((><���`�.��.
We Thank You in Advance for Your HELP in this matter.

If you do not want all of the groups emails, instead of unsubscribing, you can change your delivery option by clicking on "Edit My Membership" on the home page. 

Or e-mail aquaticlife-digest@yahoogroups.com to receive the digest, which includes up to 25 posts at a time in a single email

Or email aquaticlife-nomail@yahoogroups.com for the No E-Mail option where you will still be able to read messages on the group and post replies.

Or email aquaticlife-normal@yahoogroups.com to receive individual e-mails.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Mister Colibri Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario