Monday, October 1, 2012

Re: [tropical fish club] ick and clown loaches

 

sorry to hear you lost your betta to dropsy. I have three betta and they are one of my favourte fish. the only reason i'm nervous about using meds with the clown loach is that being scaleless its very easy to overdose them. I would love to hear other ppls experiences treating their clown loaches and what med was the safest. I'm also nervous since they are such young fish.
thanks
dianne

From: Cari
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 7:49 PM
To: tropicalfishclub@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [tropical fish club] ick and clown loaches

I am a total newbie, so take me advice with a grain of salt. I had a beautiful new that got white spots soon after he came home. I figured stress. I didn't want to use antibiotics because he was completely acting normally - eating, interactive, swimming all over. I just personally don't like using (overusing) antibiotics unless totally necessary. I treated him conservatively with methylene blue baths and salt. He did get better in that the external white spots healed, but he got dropsy and I lost him quick. I think once he started acting sick it was too late. The tank was cycled, he was alone in the tank, he was from a reputable place.

Based on my one time newbie experience - I say, if the mess are safe, great them at the very first sign and potentially save your fish. I wish I gave him the antibiotics as people on this board suggested.

I'm curious to see what others say.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Mister Colibri Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario